Wednesday, May 18, 2011

POTPOURRI POST

IT IS A REAL trip to read so many inane blogs over here and/or over there. They all deal with the same issues, the majority from the news media, yet all pretend, make believe, believe themselves to be original, cute, wise, with a pathetic lame result.

ONE of these, perhaps classical in that fashion, states without any shame: '' To die blogging is to live forever". Palabras con luz demos gracias a Dios. However he, a bilingual from the far west and former PR emigre added insult to the originality to the first quote adding: ''This blog feeds from/with your comments".


If I had waited to feed from comments in my nine/ten blogs, past and present during the last five swell years, I would be bulimic/anorexic or dead. Comments are comments. Some are bright, to the point in question. Most are ramblings of a few who want to leave their tag as in graffiti on a wall, without any significant argument reflecting any understanding regarding whatever it is I have stated and not worthy a hogs fart.  No valen un peo de puerca in Cervantes'. Cabrones.


But is not so simple. Register and education, social status/education/political ideas/profession/religion and personal agendas manifest themselves in every comment. Some choose from the whole scheme of ideas/concepts expressed/denounced in my Pulitzer quality exposes to pin point the paragraph of their interest. And that is that.


Some commentators come and go with a life cycle of fungi. Every time they find something offending their beliefs written in stone, they abandoned ship. Good riddance states I.

Horticulture, agriculture and related branches, have kept humanity alive and kicking. Some, those with water and intelligent irrigation systems have kicked the balls harder than the others, those without. In consequence, talent is what it is.

I have some. Others seem to be short, scarce on it. Always with the same tune. Me mind moves, wave like, ocean and sound, never satisfied, always expecting some worthy of merit opposition. Nevertheless, one thing is clear...I have to reiterate, what matter is flora and fauna, the collection, the environment, no one is indispensable. 


Too many blogs become some chit chat like call and response, repugnant to my eyes, without any transcendental proposal . I read every comment. I appreciate four out of ten, for that reason, I am not in the fad of answering every other foolish tag.  You know what you know and vice versa, without any kind of reinforcement.


If you have noticed, NO JUAN has cojones to discuss comments in their blogs or in general. I got some. Thanks for reading. Leave a comment or not. I will keep on trucking. Gabriel, not Peter came in a dream to dictate my vocation/vows: Set Trends, not more not less.


Dario Apagais la luiz....

FROM THE EDITOR

NO ONE HAS NOTICED THE
BLACK AND WHITE ILLUSTRATIONS,
WELL THEY ARE ALMOST  100 YEARS OLD, NOT MANY BLOGS GOT THEM.
THANKS TO TITO COLLAZO FOR THE SCANNING AND COLLABORATION.

this reminds me when people dropped by http://endemismotrasnochado.blogspot.com without bothering
to read a fucking sentence to babble: Nice pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Actually I did notice the illustations. Interesting illustrations, from some sort of agronomy book? I kinda miss this old type of illustration from modern textbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments on comments / commenters! I must agree. Many blogs on "horticulture" are screen wide and paper-deep.

    I've found a number of blogs where the owners actually care enough to comment back or even return a visit or two when they have the time. As opposed to the majority that are whimsical, lacadaisical bilge...those only comment if you are in their little clique. I occasionally remove the latter from my blog roll, so I don't have to be reminded of any shallow tendencies!

    I did notice your black and white images of soil types and agricultural themes on the last post you made, by the juay, Dr. Cajan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beato: Remember that post on the four volume Sears Roebuck Farm Encyclopedia from the 1920's I reviewed moons ago?

    These prints and future ones are from that book. I figure some visitors will appreciate them.

    Thanks again to Tito Collazo, neighbor and collaborator for scanning them and the future ones.

    Desert Dweller: The satisfaction felt from some readers their feedback is not an every day occurrence.

    Nevertheless is a great joy to have visitors having something to say/write here, or in their own blogs, as both of you have done for a while.

    Thanks. I appreciate it, even if the arguments were not what they are.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts